A Hero is a legendary being or person who has been summoned to wage battle in Mobile Legends. They are the player-controlled characters in . As of September 18, 2020 | Patch 1.5.10, there are currently 98 heroes in the original server, with the latest being Barats | Dino Rider.
The other 5 latest heroes are:
- Khaleed | Desert Scimitar
- Yu Zhong | Black Dragon
- Luo Yi | Yin-yang Geomancer
- Popol and Kupa | Icefield Companions
- Atlas | Ocean Gladiator
Upcoming Heroes: These are the heroes which are not available in the Original Server. The newest heroes to the bottom will arrive later in the Advanced Server. Including the upcoming ones (the ones who are still present in the survey period before entering in the Advanced Server), there are a total of 104 heroes:
- Benedetta | Shadow Ranger
- Brody | The Lone Star
- Yve | Astrowarden
- Mathilda | Swift Plume
- Hero 103
- Hero 104
Revamped Heroes: Heroes will deserve a revamp when they are less viable, older, or highly overrated. The newly revamped heroes will be acknowledged via surveys. Most revamped heroes are reworked from their abilities like a minor revamp, whilst others will sometimes be given a new model and voice lines. These are the latest revamped heroes in the Advanced Server.
The latest revamped heroes in Patch 1.5.16 in the Original Server:
- Tigreal | Warrior of Dawn
- Alucard | Demon Hunter
- Layla | Energy Cannoneer
- Saber | Wandering Sword
- Eudora | Lightning Weaver
- Miya | Moonlight Archer
- Zilong | Spear of Dragon
You can play the Weekly Free Heroes available within the game's rotation. Major Events will also let everyone access to all heroes for free.
Weekly Free Heroes are the free heroes that can be played weekly, but not permanently and can't be used in Ranked Game unless you already own the hero.
Starlight Free Heroes are free heroes that can be played weekly and are one of the rewards, of the Starlight Privileges which can be obtained only if you are a Starlight Member or have received a Starlight Trial Membership. In addition, you can play those heroes in Ranked Game mode, as well.
You also have the option of buying new heroes with Battle Points (BP) , Hero Fragments , Tickets , or Diamonds . The minimal package for Battle Points starts at 2000 , with the maximizing at 32,000 , Hero Fragments start at 80 maxing at upto 120 . Tickets start at around 299 , maxing at 749 , while Diamond packages start at 250 and max at almost 599 .
However, Hero skins can only be also bought via Diamonds. Lucky Spin is another option, as it can also reward you with Heroes or their Skins and the ultimate reward resets every week, accessible by going to Shop in the main menu and tapping Lucky Spin in the Draw Section. There is also another way to buy Heroes and Skins, by going to the Fragment Shop you need Premium , Rare , and Hero Fragments which are a bit difficult to obtain. The game rewards you with some early Battle Points in order to buy your first few heroes and not to be stuck with the same heroes to play. The New Arrival Shop can also reward you with Heroes or Skins similar to the Lucky Spin by spending 10 for 1x, and 90 for 10x. However, the rewards for Heroes are ranging from Hero Fragments, Trial Cards, to Permanent Hero. In addition to this, Mobile Legends regularly provides its users with numerous fun events and quests, which can be used to earn tons of different Heroes and Skins.
Recharging for the first time will get one of the heroes: Freya, Valir, and Hanabi. Spending 3 in Starlight Shop and you will receive Starlight Random Hero Bundle which contains one of the heroes: Yi Sun-Shin, Hylos, Alpha, Natalia, Faramis, and Kagura. Inside the Esports Menu, Chou is purchasable by 88,000 GC (Guess Coins) through Guess Coins Reward Exchange.
Every hero falls under a category based on their Primary stats and Playstyle, there are:
List of Heroes
Main Article: List of Heroes
The list shows all heroes as they are available in both servers, along with their assigned roles, specialties, laning recommendations, release years, and purchase costs, arranged in the alphabetical order of their names. Heroes who haven't yet received a purchase price or laning recommendations are those, who are still not available in the Original Server.
Main Article: Hero Roles
There are a certain number of roles and specialties within the game, but there is a distinct difference between both "Roles" and "Specialties". In order to have a well functioning team throughout a game, it is important for players to know their particular role and their specialties within the heroes they use, as well as the differences between the two.A role or class is a category that your character will play throughout the game. A total of 101 heroes are currently available at the moment in both original and advance server, and they all fall under one among the 6 classes – Tank , Fighter , Assassin , Mage , Marksman , and Support . Each of these classes have their unique stats and abilities, and some of them are stronger than others, whilst the same is weaken to certain other roles.
Main Article: Hero Specialties
Hero Specialty is the expertise of a hero, which they greatly excel in. There are a total of 9 kinds of specialties, namely Regeneration, Crowd Control, Reap, Charge, Push, Damage, Burst Damage, Poke, and Initiator.
This specialty allows a hero to self-regenerate HP, while in the battlefield or also, allows them to regenerate the HP of their allies (otherwise stated). These heroes have a higher chance of survivability, especially during teamfights.
This specialty allows a hero to control or merely interrupt the enemy heroes on the battlefield with skills that can inflict status change to a hero, such as: slow down, silence, freeze, suppress, stun, knock up, knockback, or immobilize.
This specialty helps a hero in harassing and preventing opponents from farming or pushing. Most of the heroes that have this specialty are the marksmen and assassins. This specialty helps in finishing off fleeing enemies and obtaining last hits, with comparative ease.
This specialty allows a hero to catch an enemy with blink skills like dive, jump, teleport, or dash.
This specialty helps in easier killing of minions or jungle creeps and in also in faster turret pushing, with their skills, because they can deal high damage to turrets when compared to heroes without this specialty.
This specialty allows a hero to deal a range of low to average damage, within a long period of time. This is good for harassing enemies or reducing the opponents' HP consistently, and bit by bit. This specialty is very superior in the early game laning phase, where everybody still stays cautious in exchanging attacks.
This specialty allows a hero to deal a range of average to high damage, within a short period of time. This specialty is good in ganking enemies as they can finish them off within a short span and is usually used by mages and assassins. Heroes with this specialty are suitable to fight enemy heroes who have a smaller amount of HP because a hero with this specialty is able to kill off low HP enemies quickly in a short notice.
This specialty allows a hero to harass enemies, with long-ranged attacks, dealing decent damage and making them fall back from their lane. It can be used to stop the enemies from attacking, as these heroes can force the opponent to retreat, by using their poke skills.
This specialty allows a hero to start or initiate a teamfight by using a powerful multi-unit skill. This specialty is also known as 'Setter'.
Mixed Damage is the specialty assigned to heroes that have abilities that benefits from both Physical Attack and Magic Power that allows them to have more diverse and strategic gameplay on which they can adapt during a match and combo certain emblems or equipment that normally wouldn't be possible.
Magic Damage is the specialty assigned to heroes that deal Magic Damage but aren't necessarily considered as Mages due to their playstyles and skillsets. They do not benefit from Physical stats such as Physical PEN or Physical Lifesteal but instead benefit from Magic stats such as Magic PEN or Magical Lifesteal.
Guard is the specialty assigned to heroes that are protectors of their team and usually serve to make sure their team and their carries are safe. They are equipped with skills that make sure that their Carry won't be killed throughout the whole game and provides the vision for the entire team.
Chase is a specialty assigned to heroes that specializes in chasing down fleeing enemies in and out battles. Their skillsets include mobility skills that when used with the right timing and proper positioning, they could instantly close the gap between them and their enemy and kill them.
Control is the specialty assigned to heroes that have skillsets that make enemies be controlled for a longer period of time and make them vulnerable to damage.
Support is the specialty assigned to Heroes, who possess skills that interacts with other allied heroes and moreover aid them in ways such as teleporting or transporting allies to designated locations across the map and providing damage resistance.
Main Article: Mid Laner
Generally, Marksman will take this position, given their high demand for Gold and Low Damage in the early game. Marksman will help teammates in a teamfight after and when having 2 or 3 pieces of Core Equipment.
Main Article: Side Laner
Generally, Fighter or Mage will take this position. Farming in the early game, they will mainly Defend Turrets and find a chance to go for ganks or fight for resources, with enemy Jungler. This includes both TOP and BOT laners.
Main Article: Jungler
Generally, Assassin will take this position. They will kill Creeps to gain EXP and Gold in the early game and provide the strong ability of Support and Gank.
Main Article: Roamer
Generally Support or Tank will take this position. They will purchase Roaming Equipment to protect their teammates and themselves and will also support allies when being ganked.
Main Article: Meta Heroes
Meta heroes are usually the recently released ones or recently buffed ones, with overpowering skills, or naturally, the ones that most commonly or very rarely banned in Draft Pick-Ranked Game. The meta heroes mostly include most heroes who deserve urgent nerfs and some heroes who were totally nerfed in a row, without a buff, due to their low chances of being banned. They are the ones who shift the hero picks for every game you play, forcing you to try your luck around with multiple heroes, and making the matchup more intense.
Main Article: Land of Dawn
- Rafaela, Johnson, Layla, Cyclops, and Saber are members of the S.A.B.E.R. Squad.
- After Patch Notes 1.2.76, They added new entry voices.
- All the names of their skins are matched from the name of the squad.
- Strangely, Cyclops has been renamed to Blaster from Exploder (In the Advance Server). The reasons for renaming still remain, unknown.
- Angela, Gusion, Hanabi, Harley, and Grock are members of the V.E.N.O.M. Squad
- This squad rivals S.A.B.E.R., is in control of the metropolitan city, Zlatan.
- Each corresponding heroes have their own lores and background stories, with provided comics and illustrations, which are also under temporary notes for addition to this wiki.
- Despite their squad name, none of the members' (Vespid, Emperor Scorpion, Nephila, Octopus or Monitor Lizard) venoms are actually neither fatal nor harmful enough, to humans or any other creatures, to cause certain death.
- Tigreal, Fanny, Alucard, Granger, and Harith are the members of the Lightborn Squad.
- These warriors are the chevaliers of the Moniyan Empire and they ought to protect its glory and fight the Abyssal Demons.
- Same as V.E.N.O.M Squad, Fanny and Alucard received in both Assassin Role.
- Silvanna is one of them, according, to the game's lore, however, she has no special skin of this type, but instead only the default one which pretty much matches the color scheme. Kimmy is also said to play a major role, here, as a protector of the Moniyan Empire.
- However, Valir, Estes, Masha, Ling, and Kimmy are the members of the Dragon Tamer Squad.
- This squad aims to help the Guardian Dragons, fight back the Kraken and eradicate their evil dominance, in the Dragon Altar.
- Some heroes, who have Seasonal/Special skins are:
- Chou, Aurora, Lolita, and Odette have their Spring Chinese New Year's skins.
- Miya / Alucard, Layla / Clint, Lesley / Gusion, and Esmeralda / Khufra have their Valentine's skins.
- All of them are featured on the loading screen of the game save, for Gusion and Lesley which was later occupied by Vale's splash art.
- Clint, Freya, Akai, Hayabusa / Kagura, Claude / Fanny, Nana, and Angela have their Summer theme skins.
- Clint and Freya were featured on the loading screen, along with Nana, Alpha, and Hayabusa in the background. Hayabusa/Kagura was also featured as the loading screen for summer 2018.
- Eudora, Miya, Karina, Gord, Odette / Lancelot, Freya / Zilong, and Claude have their Christmas skins.
- Nana, Alucard, Fanny, Minotaur, Hilda, Alpha, Moskov, Estes, Franco, Tigreal, Bane, Vexana, Hylos, Pharsa, Clint and Eudora have their Ranked Mode, Season Exclusive skins.
- As of now, only Nana's and Alucard's season skins have been reworked.
- Bane, Nana, Roger, Lolita, Karrie, Angela, and Franco have their Halloween skins.
- Bruno, Lesley, and Harley have their Bruno Soccer Cup skins.
- Alucard, Karrie, Minotaur, Valir, Irithel, Gord, Tigreal, Martis and Leomord all have Inferno-themed skins and are also referred to as the Hell squad.
- Balmond, Nana, Karina and Eudora are the only heroes to have 3 complimentary skins with their same entry.
- Hylos is the only hero who doesn't have a complimentary skin with a same entry of his default skin.
- Miya, Saber, Gord, Alucard, Lesley and Gusion are the only heroes with Legendary skins.
- Alucard and Clint are the only heroes with their default skin to be remade with different entry, but not their complimentary skins. (Lone Hero and Fiery Inferno for Alucard and Sun 'n' Sand for Clint.)
- Although Kagura has a complimentary skin (Flower Season), her entries were bit different when comparing it to her default skin.
- Miya, Karina, Franco, Eudora, Lolita, Hayabusa, Chou and Sun are also the only heroes with the entries of their complimentary skins to be changed without re-modeling after their first skin re-model.
- Only 6 heroes received the limited edition, special King of Fighters collaboration skins, namely:
- Some heroes get particular repainted versions of their existing skins, that is, mostly Elite and Special skin types, and rarely Epic Skin type too. For further insight, please look into Painted Skins.
- Upon introduction of Mastery Codes, there were also a couple of heroes, receiving a Sacred Statue. Sacred Statues grants +5 star-raising bonus points and can only be used in 5v5 matches. For further insight, please look into Sacred Statue.
- Carmilla and Cecilion are the only couple heroes, who have their complimentary skins, shared.
- Angela, Rafaela, Minotaur and Estes are only heroes who can heal themselves and nearby allies.
- Roger and Selena are the only two heroes that can transform into another form, even in the early game.
- Most of the old heroes in the game have been reworked, at least once in their model and/or one or multiple skills (not including the most recent heroes).
- Johnson, Lolita, Sun, Clint, Akai, Hayabusa, Minotaur, Bane, Kagura, Nana, Valir, Belerick and Freya were reworked almost completely, including their skills and model.
- Clint was the very first hero to be reworked. He is also the only hero whose rework was specifically aimed to nerf him, as he was considered too powerful and less tactical than intended; all the other reworked heroes received significant buffs in playstyle, with Johnson now being one of the top heroes in the game.
- Alice, Gord, and Rafaela got their model reworked, but with less significant changes to their skills.
- Chou, Zilong, Eudora, Freya, Franco, and Layla got their models considerably reworked but kept almost identical skills. However, Freya's skills were given a slight buff.
- Kagura, Vexana, Gatotkaca, Yi Sun-Shin, Hayabusa, Zhask, Badang, Bruno, Pharsa, Natalia, Hanzo, and Lancelot got a rework in their skills but kept the same model.
- Almost every other hero only got minor reworks of some sort in their model, portrait or skills, or were changed only in early stages of the game (Miya, Tigreal,...) and were left, basically untouched since then.
- Johnson, Lolita, Sun, Clint, Akai, Hayabusa, Minotaur, Bane, Kagura, Nana, Valir, Belerick and Freya were reworked almost completely, including their skills and model.
- The only pair/group of heroes with a buff or bonus when playing together are Lesley and Harley.
- Dyrroth, and Silvanna have their own buff too when they are against each other on the battlefield.
- It is very similar to the Oriental Fighters, if at least 2 of the members are playing together, they receive a special buff, of up to 4 members. The more members you play with, the higher buff you get.
- In the future, some bonuses might be given to other pairs/groups of related heroes, such as S.A.B.E.R. Squad, Lancelot and Odette, Karina and Selena, Vale and Valir, etc.
- Aurora is the only hero in the game who can freeze enemies by triggering her passive: Pride of Ice.
- Zhask, Lunox, Masha, Pharsa, Popol and Kupa, and Yu Zhong are the only heroes with more than 3 active abilities without transforming.
- The latter has the most number of abilities with 5, surpassing Zhask (with 4).
- However, Lunox's first and second skills are upgraded simultaneously and share cooldown time when one is used; thus they could be technically be counted as two versions of the same skill, similar to her ultimate.
- Before Pharsa's revamped, she had only 3 active abilities.
- Masha and Pharsa's fourth skills have no upgraded skills compare to the Zhask, Popol, and Yu Zhong's last skills.
- In the development of Luo Yi's abilities, she had 4 skills, but in the later patch, she was reworked making it into 3 skills.
- Cecilion too has a fourth skill; However, it can be accessed only in the presence of his lover Carmilla, and is more of an in-game pair buff within Moonlit Waltz.
- Additional lines of the hero can be found in their skill descriptions.
- In a single update, Patch 1.4.60, 4 heroes were revamped: Freya, Lancelot, Hanzo, and Natalia.
- Miya, Balmond, Saber, Nana, Alucard, Belerick, and Freya are the only heroes who have their voice lines and actors changed.
- Diggie, Nana, Harley, Harith, Angela, Chang'e, Lylia, Ruby, Popol and Wanwan are the only child-like heroes in the game.
- Vale, Valir, Kadita, Grock, and Uranus are the only heroes with the powers of Greek classical elements.
- Johnson, Alpha, Angela, Jawhead, X.Borg, Saber, and Atlas are only the heroes who are robots or mechanicals.
- Most of them are Cyborgs, except Angela and Jawhead that are fully mechanical heroes.
- Cyclops' S.A.B.E.R. Squad skin is the only fully mechanical hero who is originally biological. The reasons for this change are unknown.
- Additionally, Johnson and X.Borg were born humans, who were later transformed into humanoid cyborgs. This information can be found in their respective lores.
- A particular case regards Roger, who had a minor rework after Patch 1.2.70. The only change was the cigarette he put in his mouth is removed because of the international laws, regarding cigarettes. Now, he can be seen on his entry animation putting a wolf pin on his coat (it also applies for his Dark Gent skin, but with a rose instead). A similar change for the same reason was made to Yi Sun-Shin's skin "Apocalypse Agent" 's entry animation, where he no longer smokes a cigarette but can be seen drinking vine, from a flask.
- Saber is the only one who can transform, as it is seen upon his hero select animation, executing his ultimate skill and his recall animation.
- There are only 9 heroes with full names.
- Many heroes are directly inspired by characters from Magic Rush, another game developed by Moonton (but published by Elex in Google Play Store).
- The current list of Sibling Heroes are as follows:
- Lesley / Harley (adoptive and the only pair to have a special buff for them in-game)
- Lancelot / Guinevere
- Karina / Selena
- Zilong / Chang'e
- Tigreal / Fanny
- Silvanna / Dyrroth (they are no longer allies but Silvanna persistently considered her brother. They also have a special buff for them in-game, but only when they are in the opposite team)
- In Kimmy's early development stages, she was presumed to be released as Layla's sister, this idea was scratched however as Kimmy was a Moniyan Ally, whilst Layla is from the city of Eruditio.
- In addition to this, her original name was Mary, Splat Queen.
- The current list of heroes with romantic relationships are as follows:
- Lancelot / Odette (Lovers)
- They are the most obvious lovers in-game, however, with no special buff for them in-game.
- Khufra / Esmeralda (Enemies?)
- Although it is often speculated that Khufra and Esmeralda had been lovers in the past, this is untrue. In fact, it might be Esmeralda's ancestor instead, or a fellow astrologer. She is able to feel sorrow for the past failure of their love, but nevertheless, took the task upon herself to lock Khufra in his boundaries.
- Hayabusa / Kagura (Lovers)
- Formerly assumed to be childhood friends, it was later confirmed that the two had been 'Childhood Sweethearts' instead.
- Hayabusa / Hanabi (???)
- Although, Hayabusa and Hanabi were considered to be childhood rivals, it was said that Hanabi had taken a secret liking towards her rival. She was always jealous when she saw Hayabusa spend time with Kagura. Later on, though, she had once again made her mind to not waste time on petty things like love.
- Gusion / Guinevere (???)
- Although their relationship is unknown, it is a fact that the two of them show mutual affection and love for one another, although unnoticed, it is definitely mutual. Guinevere, however, might be engaged by agreement to one of Gusion's brothers.
- Harith / Nana (???)
- It was said that Nana had feelings for Harith, though the latter rejected and insisted that she stay clear of him, in worry of her safety.
- Carmilla / Cecilion (Lovers)
- They are the closest lovers in the game and also have their unique ability, the only interactive skill, Moonlit Waltz.
- Lancelot / Odette (Lovers)
- Zilong, Baxia, Ling, and Wanwan are the members of the Oriental Fighters
- In 2020, Clint, Tigreal, and Zilong's model were tweaked. White hair and small hats for Clint, remodeled shield for Tigreal, and a new hairstyle for Zilong.
- Zilong, Irithel, Diggie, Pharsa, Gusion, Aldous, Kimmy, Harith, Dyrroth, Baxia, Ling, Luo Yi, Yu Zhong, Benedetta, Barats, and Brody have their old names during their development stages: Yun Zhao, Mona, Digger, Fasha, Gossen, Aulrad, Mary, Lambert, Dyrus, Bixi, Rynn, Yi, Chong, Bella, Barts, and Protti respectively.
- Zilong was once named Yun Zhao, which was later changed into Zhao Yun, and then the current name.
- Before Rynn, It was named Zoe, and Qingque is the codename before its showcase in the Advanced Server.
- For Luo Yi, Yi may disambiguate the name from Yi Sun-Shin.
- In the situation of Yu Zhong, many players are offended because of its name(the original), since it unintentionally referred to something that is unknown.
- Barats was not only one renamed himself, but also his partner Detona which was previously named Rahal.
- Belerick, Faramis, Silvanna, and Luo Yi are the only heroes whom you can get for free by logging-in during certain Major Events.
- Kagura and Luo Yi are the heroes to use the concept of Yin & yang.
|Heroes by Role|
Aldous • Alpha • Alucard • Argus • Badang • Balmond • Bane • Barats • Chou • Dyrroth • Freya • Gatotkaca • Guinevere • Hilda • Jawhead • Kaja • Khaleed • Lapu-Lapu • Leomord • Martis • Masha • Minsitthar • Roger • Ruby • Silvanna • Sun • Thamuz • Terizla • X.Borg • Yu Zhong • Zilong
Alice • Aurora • Cecilion • Chang'e • Cyclops • Esmeralda • Eudora • Faramis • Gord • Harith • Harley • Kadita • Kagura • Kimmy • Lunox • Luo Yi • Lylia • Nana • Odette • Pharsa • Selena • Vale • Valir • Vexana • Zhask
|Heroes by Release|
Miya • Balmond • Saber • Alice • Nana • Tigreal • Alucard • Karina • Akai • Franco • Bane • Bruno • Clint • Rafaela • Eudora • Zilong • Fanny • Layla • Minotaur • Lolita • Hayabusa • Freya • Gord • Natalia • Kagura • Chou • Sun
Alpha • Ruby • Yi Sun-Shin • Moskov • Johnson • Cyclops • Estes • Hilda • Aurora • Lapu-Lapu • Vexana • Roger • Karrie • Gatotkaca • Grock • Irithel • Harley • Argus • Odette • Lancelot • Diggie • Hylos • Zhask • Helcurt • Pharsa
|Heroes by Laning|
Aldous • Alice • Alpha • Alucard • Argus • Aurora • Badang • Balmond • Bane • Chang'e • Cyclops • Esmeralda • Eudora • Freya • Guinevere • Hilda • Jawhead • Kadita • Kaja • Khaleed • Lapu-Lapu • Leomord • Luo Yi • Lylia • Martis • Minsitthar • Nana • Odette • Popol and Kupa • Roger • Ruby • Saber • Silvanna • Sun • Terizla • Thamuz • Vale • Valir • Vexana • X.Borg • Yu Zhong • Zilong