Attack speed is an in-game mechanic which is the speed of the hero's basic attack. Unless otherwise stated, it does not affect skills. The higher Attack Speed a hero has, the quicker they hit their basic attack. Emblems, (physical, fighter, jungle and marksman) can increase a hero's Attack Speed, as well as in-game items.
In general, Marksman are the heroes who depend and specialize in attack speed, as well as other physical attack aspects such as critical chance. However, most mages and heroes do deal magic attack generally do not prioritize Attack Speed. Some heroes that prioritize Attack Speed are:
If you want to increase a hero's attack speed, you can purchase the Windtalker which adds 40% attack speed which is the most an item can add. However, you can also buy the Scarlet Phantom or the Wind of Nature to increase your hero's attack speed by 20% and 25% attack speed respectively.
- The maximum Attack Speed a hero can have is 3.0
- Some Marksman do not prioritize attack speed such as and .
- This is because naturally has the maximum attack speed which is 3.0 and all attack speed effects from items is turned into movement speed bonus.
- Marksman because he is a more skill-based Marksman than which means he does not need to rely on Attack Speed much. is unique to most
- Feather of Heaven is the only Magic item to include attack speed.
- Heroes like , , , , and use this item in their builds as they are mages that rely on .
- To reduce attack speed effect, buy Dominance Ice.