A damage can critically strike if:
- the damage, either by basic attack or ability, is capable to deal critical damage
- it has at least 1% critical chance (except for guaranteed crits)
|“||Chances to deal multiple Damage with Basic Attacks||”|
—MLBB Attribute Guide
|“||Chance to cause [critical damage] with [Basic Attack] (including Physical and Magic). The default is 0. A [critical damage] is guaranteed when it is over 100%. There are skills trigger this effect. For example: Layla's Malefic Bomb and the Typhoon effect of Windtalker.||”|
—MLBB Skill Notes
Critical chance or crit rate (also written in title case) is a percentage attribute that increases the probability of a damage to critically strike. The default critical chance is 0%. Unlike other attributes, it is not granted by leveling up, but it can be increased from equipment, emblems and talents, or abilities, which stacks additively.
For example, a hero with a 25% critical chance has a probability to deal one critical strike out of five executed attacks.
|“||The ratio of Crit Damage to Basic Damage. The default is 200%.||”|
—MLBB Skill Notes
Critical damage (also written in title case) is a percentage attribute that modifies the damage dealt during a critical strike. The default Crit damage is 200%. It can be increased from equipment, emblems and talents, or abilities, which stacks additively. However, this attribute can also be decreased by a hero's own abilities or the enemy's critical damage reduction attribute.
If the damage succesfully crits, the total damage dealt would be the inital damage of the total critical damage, shown by the formula below:
critical damage would be multiplied to the total damage dealt pre-damage calculation.
Guaranteed critical strikes
There are attacks that will deal guaranteed critical strikes regardless of the inherited critical chance:
- Pride of Ice) 's enhanced skills (
- Scripture of the Moon Elf) 's enhanced Basic Attack (
- Caprice) 's sixth bullet (
- Synchro Fission 's
- Power of Wildness 's full-stacked
- Dance of Blades) 's enhanced Basic Attack (
- The Oath Keeper) Basic Attacks against enemies with less than 30% health (
- Ancestral Guidance) 's enhanced Basic Attack (
- Spear of Quiescence) 's Basic Attacks that can penetrate through a target (
- Assassin Instinct) 's attacks from behind (
- Heavenly Vow) 's enhanced Basic Attacks (
If Golden Staff is equipped by the following heroes, a stack of Endless Strike will not add if attacks deal guaranteed critical strikes.
Only Granger, Leomord, Karina, Natalia (enhanced Basic Attack) and Yi Sun-shin whose guaranteed crits' critical damage can be modified while the rest does not.
Types of damages that can critically strike
Enhanced Basic Attacks
All Enhanced Basic Attacks can critically strike. The following heroes, on the other hand, have enhanced Basic Attacks that can critically strike but lacks the necessary components to deal a full count critical strike:
- Contract: Soul Steal (Base Damage and Extra Damage not included) 's
- Abyss Corrosion (Damage scaling with level is not included) 's
- Double Shot (Base Damage not included) 's
- Wild Power (target's Total HP not included) 's
Additionally,'s enhanced Basic Attack does not benefit from extra critical damage.
- Fist Crack 's
- Cyclone Sweep (Physical Attack bonus only) 's
- Battle Side-by-side and Blazing Duet 's
- Energy Transformation (Physical Attack and Magic Power bonus only) 's
- Malefic Bomb 's
- Defiant Sword 's
- Crossbow of Tang (Physical Attack bonus only) 's
There are items that give additional damage have the potential to critically strike.
Sources of critical chance
Increasing critical chance
| Scarlet Phantom
(after dealing crit damage)
- Assassin Emblem (3.50%, Level 60)
- Marksman Emblem (5.00%, Level 60)
- Mecha Legs: (2% per stack, up to 10 stacks or 20%) 's
- Lethal Shot: (100% fixed-point physical penetration into critical chance; 50%, only applies to Enhanced Basic Attack]) 's
Decreasing critical chance
Because of critical-chance-to-physical-attack conversion,is the only hero whose attacks will not critically strike.
This can also be done by equipping Golden Staff where its Unique Passive Swift converts critical chance to Attack Speed.
Sources of Critical Damage
Increasing critical chance
- Berserker's Fury (40%, costs 2250)
Decreasing critical damage
Critical damage reduction
Only Blade Armor (costs 1960 is the only item that has a critical damage reduction attribute (also written in title case), not to be confused with critical damage reduction applied to heroes. Upon equipping, the wearer will receive -20% critical damage after taking critical damage.
There are numerous ways to counter enemies' critical strikes, including the following:
- Magic defense (reduces critical magic damage)
- Physical defense (reduces critical physical damage)
- Damage reduction (reduces damage)
- Critical damage reduction (reduces critical damage)
- Damage immunity (immune to damage)
- Dodge (immune to basic attacks)
- Untargetability/Invincibility (cannot be targeted by critical strikes)
- Shield (absorbs damage)
- Antique Cuirass (skill damage)
- Blade Armor (Basic Attack damage)
- Twilight Armor
- Athena's Shield
- Radiant Armor
For Physical heroes:
For Magic heroes: