Magic Chess is a new game mode that can be found in the Arcade. Magic Chess was temporarily added on January 2020 but eventually, it was permanently released on the Patch Note 1.4.60 | 2020-3-17.
Magic Chess is an 8-player complex strategy based game mode, where players will compete against each other and random creeps in the Magic Chessboard. The goal of this game is to buy and upgrade your heroes and the little commander, customizing your lineup to trigger and counter more and stronger synergies. The victory belongs to the one stands till the last!
In mid-summer of year 2019, Moonton releases a new game called Magic Chess: Bang Bang or MCBB and it has its own separate application. There are former commanders that can be seen in Patch 1.4.70 Loading Screen.
There are 10 Roles and 12 Features: Roles: Fighter, Marksman, Mech, Mage, Guardian, Tank, Warlock, Wrestler, Assassin, Preacher; Features: Elf, Nature, Eastern, Mortal, Wild, Cyborg, Spirits, Celestial, Devil, Undead, Empire, Angel.
However, MCBB has closed on January 24th, 2020. In return, it became the new mode of MLBB with distinct features but the same concept.
"Magic Chess: Bang Bang has been welcomed and loved by lots of players since launching. Thanks for your long-time support. Now, due to some adjustments of operation plans, Magic Chess: Bang Bang has closed on January 24th, 2020, but meanwhile, Magic Chess: Bang Bang has become a new mode of Mobile Legends: Bang Bang on January 24th, 2020. We're looking forward to meeting you there.
Details about the closing plan: The recharge/in-app purchase system has closed on January 2nd, 2020. The server has closed on January 24th, 2020.
Compensation for the closing: Download Mobile Legends: Bang Bang now, we will refund you MLBB's in-game Diamonds according to your purchase record of MCBB. For more details, please contact our Customer Service in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang.
Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, and we sincerely hope that Mobile Legends: Bang Bang could receive your support. Your understanding and support will be greatly appreciated!"
- MCBB and MLBB Team
Magic Chess is a turn-based strategy mode. In a single match, 8 players will confront each other, and whoever's still standing at the end wins! In each round, the Little Commander can recruit Heroes with Gold, and deploy them during the Preparation Phase, after which, the Heroes will attack enemies automatically during Battle Phase.
Wanna deploy more Heroes? You need to upgrade your Little Commander first. You can check your Little Commander's level during the match, and you can deploy 1 more Hero each time the Little Commander is upgraded!
If you own 3 same 1-star or 2-star Heroes at the same time, these Heroes will be combined into a higher-star hero and gain doubled attributes. The Heroes you already have will be highlighted in the Shop. Upgrading the star-level is the most important way to build a stronger troop!
Each Hero has 2 attributes: Faction & Role. The synergy effect will be triggered if there are enough Heroes with the same attributes deployed. Don't forget to tap Heroes and check out what Faction and Role they belong to!
You can sell the Heroes that you currently don't need by dragging them to the Shop (You can also sell them by tapping the Sell button on the page of Hero Details.) In this way, you can free up space for buying other heroes and restore some Gold. You can sell the 1-Gold Hero at the original price. So if you don't have Hero to use, buying some 1-Gold Hero should be a good choice!
At the end of each round, each Little Commander will get a fixed amount of Gold bonus. And for every 10 Gold owned, the Little Commander will get 2 extra Gold as Interest at the start of the next round The Interest capped at 4 Gold. Additionally, getting winning or losing streaks will also grant the Little Commander an extra Gold bonus. Every round you win, you will get 1 Gold.
A Commander, also known as, Little Commander is a being that is summoned outside the Magic Chessboard together with the heroes to compete on Magic Chessboard. They are the computer-controlled characters in . Each of them has three unique abilities which one ability can be equipped for battle. These abilities can be unlocked through gaining experience or unlocking skins as you play. There are currently 7 commanders in the original server as of April 24, 2020, with the latest commander being Benny | Panther Warrior.
The other 6 commanders are:
- Abe | Kungfu Expert
- Eggie | Naughty Eggie
- Eva | Mysterious Deer
- Harper | Commander Harper
- Ragnar | Axeman Ragnar
- Remy | Swordman Remy
You also have the option of buying new commanders with Battle Points (BP) or Diamonds . The minimal package for Battle Points starts at 15,000 with the maximizing at 24,000 while Diamond packages start at 399 and maxing at 499 .
Hero is a legendary being or human who has been summoned inside the Magic Chessboard together with the commanders to compete within the Magic Chessboard. Also, they are the computer-controlled characters in . As the battle progresses, they are equipped with different equipment and synergies. They have different star levels, a skill, and skins that can be equipped for battle. There are currently 58 heroes in the original server as of February 11, 2020, with the latest heroes being Cecilion | Embrace of Night and Carmilla | Shadow of Twilight. However, a few Heroes, as of Hayabusa, Hanabi and Terizla have been currently removed from this game mode.
The list of available Heroes in Magic Chess.
Synergy is the most crucial part of the entire Magic Chess mode as it can lead you to victory if done strategically. Synergy is subdivided into two, the Role and the Faction. There are a total of 9 Roles complemented by 11 Factions. Most units have one designated Role and Faction, with some exceptions having a total of three synergies altogether.
[N] different allied Assassin heroes are required to activate the effect.
[N] different allied Western Desert heroes are required to activate the effect.
[N] different allied Dragons Altar heroes are required to activate the effect.
[N] Activate the effect if Empire heroes are the only species in battlefield.
|Demon Hunter Sword||Tank Killer
+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Devour: Basic Attack will deal extra Physical Damage equal to 3.50% of the target's max HP.
|Golden Staff||Increase Attack Speed Continuously
+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Impulse: Basic attack will increase attack speed by 2.50% limitlessly.
|Swift Boots||Increase Attack Speed
+10% Attack Speed
Unique: +40% Movement Speed
|Rose Gold Meteor||High Damage when low HP
+100 Physical ATK +30 Magic Defense
Unique Passive-Lifeline: Generate a shield that can absorb 2000 damage (scales with the star level) when the HP is less than 30%. Meanwhile, increases self's attack by 250. This effect has a 40s CD.
|Sea Halberd||Anti-Lifesteal, high PEN
+100 Physical ATK
Unique: +40% Physical PEN
Unique Passive-Life Drain: Basic attack reduces target HP Regen by 60% for 5 seconds.
|Berserker's Fury||Increased Crit
+100 Physical ATK
+10% Crit Chance
+40% Crit Damage
|Blade of Despair||Kill Low HP Enemy Directly
+200 Physical ATK
Unique Passive-Despair: Kills the target whose HP is lower than 20% directly.
|Haas's Claws||Increase Physical Lifesteal
+150 Physical ATK
Unique: +40% Physical Lifesteal
|Starfall Blade||Counter High Star lv heroes
+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Regression: Basic attack has 60% chance to lower the target's star level.
|Arcane Boots||Increase Magic Penetration
+25% Magic Damage Boost
Unique: +40% Movement SPD
|Enchanted Talisman||Restore Mana at Beginning
+350 Magic Power
Unique Passive-Re-charge: At the beginning of the battle, restores 75% Mana immediately.
|Winter Sceptre||Low HP Invincible
+250 Magic Power +30 Physical Defense
Unique Passive-Frozen: Surrounds self with a block of ice when the HP is less than 25%. Meanwhile, heals 25% HP and mana in the next 2s.
|Increase Mana Regen
+5 Mana Regen
Unique:+40% Movement SPD Unique Passive-Re-charge: At the beginning of the battle, restores 30% Mana immediately.
Necklace of Durance
+250 Magic Power +30 Magic Defense
Unique Passive-Resonate: Skill damage reduces HP Regen by 60% of 3 enemies near the target for 3 seconds.
|Sustained Magic Damage
+250 Magic Power
Unique Passive-Scorch: Skill damage will burn targets for 3 seconds when they hit, dealing 1.25%/2%/2.75% of the target's current HP as Magic Damage (10 damage minimum)
|Increase Magic Lifesteal
+250 Magic Power +1500 HP
Unique: +60% Magic Lifesteal
|Transform Enemy into Cat at Beginning
+150 Magic Power +1000 HP
Unique Passive-Witchcraft: When the battle starts, turning enemy hero with the highest star level into Leonin for 5s.
|Warrior Boots||Increase Physical Defense
+30 Physical Defense
Unique: +40% Movement SPD Unique Passive-Valor: Physical Defense will go up 5 with each basic attack received, for an increase of up to 30 points. Lasts 5 seconds.
|Tough Boots||Reduces the Skill Damage taken
+15% Physical Damage Reduction +15% Magic Damage Reduction
Unique: +40% Movement SPD
|Blade Armor||Physical Damage Bounce
+60 Physical Defense
Unique Passive-Vengeance: When receiving basic attack, deals 30% of received damage to the attacker.
Sky Guardian Helmet
|High base HP
Unique Passive-Recovery: Regens HP equal to 1.75% of self's max HP each second.
+30 Physical Defense +1500 HP
Unique Passive-Defiance: Physical damage received will not exceed 200 points. Cooldown is 4 seconds.
|Resurrect Upon Death
+30 Magic Defense +30 Physical Defense
Unique Passive-Immortal: Resurrects after 2s upon death and gets 25% HP
Monastery of Light Vestments
|Increase Allies Magic DEF
+30 Magic Defense
Unique Passive-Magic Resist: Grants 40 Magic DEF to allied heroes within 8 grids.
|Marksman Crystal||Get Marksman Synergy
+50 Physical ATK
Unique Passive-Precise: Equip to get Marksman Synergy. (Not Stackable)
|Assassin Crystal||+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Execution: Equip to Get Assassin Synergy. (Not Stackable)
|Dragons Altar Crystal||Get Dragons Altar Synergy
+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Prickle: Equip to get Dragons Altar Synergy. (Not Stackable)
|Get Elf Synergy
Unique Passive-Nourish: Equip to get Elf Synergy. (Not Stackable)
|Get Wrestlers Synergy
+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Holy-power: Equip to get Wrestlers Synergy. (Not Stackable)
|Get Empire Synergy
+10% Attack Speed
Unique Passive-Imperial: Equip to get Empire Synergy. (Not Stackable)
Unique Passive-Expansion: Equip to get 1 more Capacity.
Claude's Theft Device
|Get 2 random equipment at the beginning
Unique Passive-Neat Pick: Copies 2 items of the opponents when battle starts.
- All players hire heroes from Common Hero Pool and build their lineups.
- Each hero has a fixed number of cards in the Hero Pool. The higher quality they have, the rare they are. That means you are less likely to get a hero if they are hired by another player.
- The game is round-based. The player either fights Creeps or another player in a round.
- The last one standing is the winner.
- There are four stages in a game of Magic Chess: Planning, Placement, Showdown and Endgame.
- Every stage consists of a few rounds. The start of a new stage is signified by the Fate Box Round.
- A new stage will bring in increased basic rewards and damage bonus to Commanders.
- Endgame is the last stage in which you need to finalize your lineup and face the opponents. Most players are eliminated in this stage due to high damage bonus against Commanders.
- At the beginning of each round, the shop will be Auto Reset once, while the Little Commander gets 2 EXP.
- When a round is over, you will get basic rewards, interest and winning/losing streak rewards.
- Upon successful defense, you immediately get 1 Gold.
- When battle ends, the Little Commander takes damage according to the remaining enemies and their Star Level. The Little Commander is eliminated when HP is reduced to 0.
In every stage, the player will encounter a Creep Round where items can be looted by killing the monsters. Three pieces of equipment will be dropped at the same time. The player can pick one from them and the other two will disappear.
Star & Quality
- Each hero has 3 star levels (SLv), starting at SLv 1.
- Each 3 of the same hero will be upgraded into a higher-star one automatically.
- There are five classes of quality for the heroes - white, green, blue, purple and orange, costing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Gold respectively. The higher a hero costs, the rare and stronger they are.
- The spawn chance of a certain tier of hero differs with the Commander's level. A good timing to refresh the shop can effectively increase your chance to get the hero you want.
Faction & Role
- Each hero belongs to a specific Faction and Role.
- When there are different heroes of the same Faction or Role deploying on the field, some bonus Synergy effect will be activated.
The Amount of Hero
Number of each Hero in Public Hero Pool:
- Normal: 27 of each Normal Hero
- Good: 21 of each Good Hero
- Elite: 18 of each Elite Hero
- Epic: 13 of each Epic Hero
- Legendary: 9 of each Legendary Hero
- At the start of each round, the Little Commander will obtain 2 EXP.
- Players can use Gold to exchange for the equivalent amount of EXP.
- The Little Commander reaches the next level when enough EXP is obtained.
- At higher Little Commander level, you can assign more heroes to battle.
- The chance to get high-quality heroes from the shop also increases with Little Commander's level.
- Each Little Commander has 3 unique skills.
- The first skill will be unlocked when obtaining he Little Commander. The other 2 skills can be unlocked via using the Commander to play more battles.
- These 2 skills can also be unlocked via purchasing the skin of the Commander.
- Basic Reward - Players automatically get a certain amount of Gold at the start of each round.
- Interest - Players can get 2 Gold (up to 4) as Interest for every 10 Gold they keep at the start of each round.
- Winning/losing Streak Bonus - Players can get some bonus Gold based on the current winning or losing streaks at the start of each round.
- Victory Reward - You can immediately get 1 Gold after each victory.
- Selling Hero - You get sell a hero for a certain amount of Gold. The stronger the hero you sell, the higher Gold penalty there is.
- Little Commander - Some Little Commanders can help you earn extra Gold.
- Synergy - The Eruditio Synergy can grant you a small amount of bonus Gold at the end of each round.
- Recruit heroes.
- Refresh the shop.
- Level up the Little Commander Level.
- Save Gold properly in the early and mid-game and obtain interest for each round.
- When your HP is almost out, convert all the Gold into battle power. Otherwise, you will be eliminated with a large amount of Gold unspent.
- Activating Synergy as soon as possible is the basic tactic on the battlefield.
- Only a well-round lineup can gain the high ground. Generally, deploy Melee Heroes with high defense in the front row and Ranged Heroes with high damage in the back row.
- In the mid and late game, keep an eye on your opponents' lineup and stock up on heroes who can counter them.
- All players recruit heroes in the same Public Hero Pool. With extra savings, you can buy some of the Heroes that your opponents are planning to collect, slowing down their pace of upgrading their Heroes to 3-star.
Every competitive season runs for three months. At the start of a new season, rewards will be distributed to mailboxes depending on the highest rank of a player achieved in the last season. Additionally, players' starting rank for the new season will be determined by their last season's high rank (at the end of the season). The higher a player's rank is in the previous season, the higher their starting rank will be in the new season.
Players can participate in the Magic Chess once Mode resources are downloaded. The system will match players with other players of similar rank level.
There are seven primary ranks: Warrior, Elite, Master, Grandmaster, Epic, Legend, and Mythic, and Mythic is the highest rank for Magic Chess same to Ranked Game. Depending on the placement a player ends up getting, a certain amount of cup points will be awarded or deducted accordingly. A player wins when they end up in the top 4 and loses when they end up in the bottom.
A player's rank goes up by 1 when the max cup points are reached for the rank. A player drops to a lower rank when the last cup point for the rank is lost.
Star Raising Points and Star Protection Points
On top of the cup points that a player gets from winning. Star Raising Points can help accelerate the ranking up process. in case a player loses the match by getting a bottom 4 finish, certain Star Protection Points may be deduction first before losing cup points.
Star Raising Points are granted for winning a match, i.e. finishing top 4. Star Protection Points are granted for losing a match, i.e. finishing bottom 4.
A player on a winning streak gets extra Star Raising Points, the longer the winning streak goes, the more Star Raising Points the player gets. A player gets even more extra Star Raising Points from winning 1st place consecutively. Star Raising Points can also be obtained through purchasing Starlight Member and Commanders.
When the cap of Star Protection Points is reached, instead of cup points, a certain amount of Star Protection Points will be deducted for the next loss. The deduction amount of Star Protection Points varies with the placement the player gets. For example, finishing at 8th place would result in a full deduction of all Star Protection Points, while only a small portion will be a deduction for a 5th finish.
The cap of both Star Raising Points and Star Protection Points increases as a player's rank go up, with Mythic Rank being an exception as both Star Raising Points and Star Protection Points don't work in the rank.